« Is ‘regimentation’ (of wealth) assimilation? David Kamper and Katherine A. Spilde, ‘The Legal Regimenting of Tribal Wealth: How Federal Courts and Agencies Seek to Normalize Tribal Governmental Revenue and Capital’, American Indian Culture and Research Journal, 40, 2, 2016, pp. 1-29.
Indigenous-settler (and other settler) relations in Quebec: Daniel Salée, Carole Lévesque, ‘The Politics of Indigenous Peoples-Settler Relations in Quebec: Economic Development and the Limits of Intercultural Dialogue and Reconciliation’, American Indian Culture and Research Journal, 40, 2, 2016, pp. 31-50 »
Indigenous internationalism and the question of legal settler orders: Jonathan Crossen, ‘Safe Haven for an Indigenous Fugitive: Indigenous Internationalism and Illegal Protests’, American Indian Culture and Research Journal, 40, 2, 2016, pp. 51-71.
Access the article here.
Filed under: Uncategorized |
- If you're a scholar, and you find some of your work featured on the blog, then chances are that we want it for our journal.
- More colonial and settler colonial engagements: Andy Clarno, Neoliberal Apartheid Palestine/Israel and South Africa after 1994, Chicago University Press, 2017
- Colonial and settler colonial engagements: Ethan B. Katz, Lisa Moses Leff, Maud S. Mandel (eds), Colonialism and the Jews, Indiana University Press, 2017
- Greenland’s postcolonialities (on the Reconciliation Commission and Self-Government Act): Kirsten Thisted, ‘The Greenlandic Reconciliation Commission: Ethnonationalism, Arctic Resources, and Post-Colonial Identity’, in Lill-Ann Körber, Scott MacKenzie, Anna Westerståhl Stenport , Arctic Environmental Modernities: From the Age of Polar Exploration to the Era of the Anthropocene, Palgrave, 2017, pp. 231-246
- The settler is missing (isn’t he mobile, or a key figure?): Noel B. Salazar (ed.), Special Issue: Key figures of mobility, Social Anthropology, 25, 2, 2017
- It takes (a settler understanding of) time: Mark Rifkin, Beyond Settler Time: Temporal Sovereignty and Indigenous Self-Determination, Duke University Press, 2017
- Restorative justice may not be restorative or just: Maraleigh Short, Frontline Reflections of Restorative Justice in Winnipeg: Considering Settler Colonialism In Our Practice, MA dissertation, University of Manitoba, 2016
- Settler colonial studies is not a new approach: Walid Salem, ‘Jerusalem: Reconsidering the Settler Colonial Analysis’, Palestine-Israel Journal of Politics, Economics, and Culture, 21, 4, 2016, pp. 21-27
- Food sovereignty as decolonisation: Whyte, ‘Food Sovereignty, Justice and Indigenous Peoples: An Essay on Settler Colonialism and Collective Continuance’, in A. Barnhill, T. Doggett, A. EganOxford Handbook on Food Ethics, Oxford, Oxford University Press, 2017
- A Conference on Race, Indigeneity, and Settler Colonialism: In honor of the work of the late Patrick Wolfe
- Soccer as indigenous resistance: Temryss MacLean Lane, North American Indigenous Soccer: Visibility, Intergenerational Healing, and Schelangen in Global Football, MA dissertation, UCLA, 2016
- It reached Ohio: Daniel R. Griesmer, ‘”Bettering Our Circumstances”: Settler Colonialism in Ohio During the 1780s’, Ohio History, 124, 1, 2017, pp. 22-40
- It’s about the future: Noelani Goodyear-Ka‘ōpua, ‘Protectors of the Future, Not Protestors of the Past: Indigenous Pacific Activism and Mauna a Wākea’, South Atlantic Quarterly, 116, 1, 2017, pp. 184-194
- On the carceral settler state: Bronwyn Dobchuk-Land, ‘Tough on Crime, Tough on the Causes of Crime’: Liberal Carceral Logics and the Reproduction of Settler Colonial Violence in Winnipeg, MB, Canada, PhD dissertation, City University of New York, 2017
- Audra Simpson reviewing Aileen Moreton Robinson on settler statecraft: Audra Simpson, ‘The White Possessive: Property, Power, and Indigenous Sovereignty by Aileen Moreton-Robinson (review)’, Anthropological Quarterly, 89, 4, 2016, pp. 1305-1310
- Contemporary settler colonialism in West Papua: Eben Kirksey, ‘Lively Multispecies Communities, Deadly Racial Assemblages, and the Promise of Justice’, South Atlantic Quarterly, 116, 1, 2017, pp. 195-206